Saturday, July 7, 2018

She's Back, Baby... AYAA Awards 2018!!

WHOA.

So... it's been almost a year since I've posted anything on AYAA website. College is dope, but also means you're busy and don't often have time for passion projects that exist 2000 miles away. However, street signs are melting in Arizona and everyone is announcing their seasons (which all include Newsies) so that must mean that...

IT'S TIME FOR THE AYAA AWARDS, BABY!!!




Even though the website has been on hiatus as I've been forming deeper roots outside of AZ, it was still important to me that we kept up with this. We had more than 800 votes last year, which is incredible. There are a lot of great awards programs in our area, but I wanted to create an awards program where the people nominate and select winners just for young actors -- not necessarily just youth theatre. Youth rewarding youth.

Nominations are now open and will remain open until July 20th at NOON. 

Link to make nominations: https://goo.gl/forms/vl0qCloNiYO1lnRl1

Happy nominating!!!

While I have you here...

AYAA is doing another play this summer! Grey Smith is directing Friend Art by Sofia Alvarez. The cast includes Aubrey Hoffer, India Rose Chudnow, Payten McLeod, and Kyle Watkins. I really encourage you to go see this funny and awesome play. There are two performances: July 26 at 7:30pm and July 28 at 7:30pm. They are at the Lone Tree Golf Club in Chandler, AZ. More info can be found at the links below.

Tickets are $12 and can be purchased here.  Tickets will also be available for purchase at the door via cash or Venmo.

Also, if you're feeling really charitable (or can't make the show, are one of my friends from Ohio who just love me a lot I guess, etc.) or you missed me making these obnoxiously colored posts, you can support the production by donating at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment