Friday, June 10, 2016

20,000 PAGE VIEWS!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I AM A GIANT SQUID OF JOY!

We just hit 20,000 page views! I posted the 10,000 page views on April 9th. It took about nine months to hit 10,000 views, but it took only 2 months to gain 10,000 more. Momentum is really starting to increase here at AYAA! Thank you for every one who has visited the website this past year! Your support means an awful lot.

As we roll into the summer, I wanted to update you on some things that will be going on on AYAA over the next couple months.

1) We will continue to post dreamcastings every 5ish days -- with the exception of when I am on vacation in July. After our biggest dreamcasting yet is posted -- it's a killer musical -- dreamcastings in their current form will take a bit of a hiatus. I know, I know, very sad. They will still be on the site, but just in a slightly different fashion.

2) Speaking of dreamcastings, we will be having an AYAA Cabaret in August! I have a location and a date locked down, but I don't want to announce it until we have a few more loose ends set in stone. However, I can promise two things:

  1. The cabaret is based on the Dreamcastings. I pulled songs and performers based on who the community wanted to see in certain roles.
  2. I already have an awesome cast for the show! It will feature 25 amazing young actors and actresses from the Phoenix metropolitan area singing songs from Spring Awakening, Beauty and the Beast, Hamilton, Legally Blonde, Book of Mormon and more!
3) In addition to the Cabaret, my other big dream for AYAA is coming true: we will be doing an online youth-rewarding-youth awards program in July. On July 7th, I will be posting a Google Forms for nominate for the first ever AYAA awards! So start thinking of young actors and actresses who you think gave amazing performances this year. It will be for both community theatre and high school productions. Winners will be announced in early August.

4) Also, I am looking for people to help with the website next year. I am going to college in Ohio and I plan to be involved with the website, but I will need some help. If you are interested, shoot me an FB message or an e-mail at mackenna.azyoungactors@gmail.com.

Thank you again for your continued support of AYAA! And please, share the site with our friends. The more we grow, the better the site will be and the stronger out community will be. I don't think it has much to do with AYAA, but I have noticed a marked difference in the tensions between youth theatres over the last year!

And if you are new to the site, hello! I'm Mackenna and I run AYAA. Here are some articles you should check out to get yourself acquainted with what we do here!

Thank you to all our new and old readers! If you haven't yet, like our Facebook page because it's where I post the most updates. And look forward to the cabaret and the awards!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Mackenna Goodrich


No comments:

Post a Comment