Friday, July 24, 2015

So, what now?

Hey there, everyone!

I wanted to take some time to just talk frankly about the goals I have for this site and how they can be achieved. We've gotten a really good response from the community; I could not be happier about that. However, for an interactive, community-building site to work and enact real change, there needs to be interaction. Reading interviews and watching videos on the site is great and I totally appreciate it. But today, I'm here to encourage interactivity.

I really set out on this project with the goal of loosening tensions between youth theatres across Arizona, especially in the heavily populated theatre areas around and in Phoenix. Unfortunately, this led to comments of people assuming this site is meant to only promote certain theatres that my friends and I have connections to. This is not the case. No matter if I receive comments, submissions, or partnerships from a student or a theatre in Arizona that I have worked with extensively or one that I haven't heard of, the entire goal of this website to reward young art. None of that will be changed due to a personal opinion.

Additionally, I just want to remind our readers of our major goals:


  • To create a comfortable, supportive environment for all young actors in Arizona.
  • To give the youth a voice in the theatre community
  • To connect young actors to new friends and opportunities
  • And most importantly, to give everyone their best chance.
None of this is possible without community participation, especially with young actors and actresses. 

If you are a young actor or actress, I implore you share your artistic talents with the community -- whether that be singing, acting, juggling, writing, anything! -- or submit a review of a show you see or respond to a Community Query -- we have only one response so far! -- or if you have another idea for something you would like to see, let me know. I read all my emails at mackenna.azyoungactors@gmail.com 

If you own a theatre or are involved with one, please encourage your kids to get involved. Community is such an important part of development and life satisfaction and I really just want to create a positive environment for the kids you care so much about. Additionally, I hope to eventually grow this program to a point where you would be willing to partner with us and donate tickets, lessons, etc. to get more kids into your program, seeing your shows, and get our great talent circulating throughout the area.

Please interact and please share us with your friends. If you haven't liked us on Facebook, do that. If you have thirty seconds, answer the Community Query. The more interaction we get, the better chance we all have at getting to do fun end-of-the-season projects like an awards shindig and a youth cabaret. 

So, today, I entreat you to interact with Arizona Young Actor's Alliance and help youth reward other youth.

Thank you.

Mackenna


No comments:

Post a Comment