Sunday, November 27, 2016

10 Girls, 10 Shows

Hello, everyone! Look how active AYAA has been. I have finals coming up so things may start to dip off in the coming weeks, but fear not! After that I will be home and life will be full of AYAA goodness. :)

So today and next Sunday, I am doing a two part series. I asked a group of women and a group of men to tell me which parts they would most want to be in a list of ten shows. I tried to ask across ethnicity and age as much as possible. Five of the shows are the same for both genders and then five are different. I also told them they didn't have to pay attention to race, but most of them chose to. :)

Today, I am happy to present 10 Girls, 10 Shows, featuring responses from Brittney Peters, Sarah Davidson, Zoe Zamora, Jessica Sinodis, Avery Strachan, Benny Cowans, Reagan Burows, Jessie Jo Pauley, Audrey Coleman and myself. Please enjoy!

*I also edited some of the responses for length.
Brittney

Part 1 - The Profiles

1) Brittney Peters
Almost 21
Caucasian
2nd Soprano

2) Sarah Davidson
18
White af
Mezzo

3) Zoe Zamora
Sarah
19
Hispanic
Mezzo-Soprano

4) Jessica Sinodis
18
White (Greek descent)
Mezzo

5) Avery Strachan
17
Black
Alto primarily, but has a range between mezzo and contralto

Zoe (pc: Jacqui Schlink)
6) Benny Cowans
15
Mixed race
Soprano

7) Reagan Burows
17
White
Alto

8) Jessie Jo Pauley
18
Ethnically ambiguous (Okinawan and European)
Soprano
Jessica

9) Audrey Coleman
14
White
Mezzo Soprano/Alto

10) Mackenna Goodrich
18
White
Soprano

Part 2 - The Shows:

1) Legally Blonde

  • Brittney: Margo
  • Sarah: Elle
  • Zoe: Elle Woods
  • Jessica: Elle Woods (no brainer; played her before) 
  • Avery: I love being the bad guy so Vivienne would be so cool!!
  • Benny: ELLE WOODS (dream role)
  • Reagan: Paulette
  • Jessie Jo: Elle or Margo!
  • Audrey: Elle Woods
  • Avery
  • Mackenna: I could play Paulette forever, but to pick someone new, I'd go with Serena.


2) Grease

  • Brittney: Jan
  • Sarah: Jan
  • Zoe: Rizzo or Cha-Cha (I love the dancing!)
  • Jessica: Rizzo
  • Avery: Jan would be my #1 for right now at least––give me 2 more years and I would die to play Rizzo.
  • Benny: Marty
  • Reagan: Rizzo
  • Jessie Jo: Although Sandy would be fun too, I've always wanted to play Rizzo.
  • Audrey: Rizzo
  • Benny
  • Mackenna: Rizzo or Jan


3) Into the Woods

  • Brittney: Little Red
  • Sarah: Baker's Wife
  • Zoe: Little Red
  • Jessica: The Witch (played her before)
  • Avery: I would LOVE to say Cinderella just so I could be a princess but if I'm being honest with myself Little Red is the one for me.
  • Benny: Baker's Wife
  • Reagan: The Witch
  • Jessie Jo: I would loveee to be either the Witch or Cinderella 
  • Audrey: Cinderella
  • Reagan
  • Mackenna: Baker's Wife


4) Little Shop of Horrors

  • Brittney: Audrey
  • Sarah: Audrey
  • Zoe: Not Sure (A/N: I think Zoe would be great as a part of the Chiffon, Crystal, Ronette trio)
  • Jessica: Audrey or Audrey II
  • Avery: Either Ronette, Crystal or Chiffon. It honestly doesn't matter to me because they all have the same vocal range. But if I were to pick solely on names I would totally choose Ronette because I feel like it was a hip name to have back in the day.
  • Benny: Any one of the three trio girls (Ronnette, Crystal or Chiffon)
  • Reagan: Ronette
  • Jessie Jo: Oh my goodness Audrey would be so fun.
  • Audrey: Audrey
  • Mackenna: Audrey was my first ever dream role, but if I could play Audrey II, I would.

Jessie Jo (pc: Jessica Frieling)

5) Wicked

  • Brittney: Elphaba
  • Sarah: Elphaba
  • Zoe: Elphaba
  • Jessica: Glinda
  • Avery: Glinda is a DREAM role of mine, but I totally can't handle that high of a range, so I guess I have to settle for Elphaba.
  • Benny: Glinda
  • Reagan: Elphaba
  • Jessie Jo: GA-LINDAA!!!
  • Audrey: Glinda
  • Mackenna: Elphaba and I now know I want Jessie and I to be Elphaba and Glinda together.

Audrey

6) Les Miserables

  • Brittney: Eponine
  • Sarah: Eponine
  • Zoe: Eponine
  • Jessica: Fantine or Madame Thenardier
  • Avery: 99% of the time I would pick Eponine. (A/N: She also mentioned Cosette and Madame Thenardier in her answer.)
  • Benny: Cosette
  • Reagan: Cosette
  • Jessie Jo: Eponine has always been one of my dream roles 
  • Audrey: Eponine
  • Mackenna: Fantine because she slays and then is just chilling the rest of the show

Mackenna

7) Chicago

  • Brittney: Roxie
  • Sarah: Velma
  • Zoe: Velma
  • Jessica: Velma
  • Avery: Roxie
  • Benny: Kitty Baxter
  • Reagan: Velma
  • Jessie Jo: ROXIE HART OH YES
  • Audrey: Roxie
  • Mackenna: Roxie or Mona, who is the "artistic differences" murderess.


8) Heathers

  • Brittney: H. McNamara
  • Sarah: Heather Chandler
  • Zoe: Not sure (A/N: One of the Heathers, probably Duke, but I could also see her killing McNamara or Chandler)
  • Jessica: Heather Chandler !!!
  • Avery: Heather Chandler Heather Chandler Heather Chandler!!!!
  • Benny: Heather Chandler
  • Reagan: Martha Dunstock
  • Jessie Jo: Veronica or Heather McNamara
  • Audrey: Veronica
  • Mackenna: Veronica pls or more realistically, Ms. Fleming. 


9) Hairspray

  • Brittney: Penny
  • Sarah: Amber
  • Zoe: Amber
  • Jessica: Velma Von Tussle (also played)
  • Avery: Race aside, in all honesty, Amber is a DREAM ROLE of mine. 
  • Benny: Penny
  • Reagan: Tracy
  • Jessie Jo: Penny! Mason Reeves will be my Seaweed one day.... he promised. 
  • Audrey: Amber
  • Mackenna: Penny


10) West Side Story

  • Brittney: Anybody's
  • Sarah: Anita
  • Zoe: Anita
  • Jessica: Jet Girl
  • Avery: I would say Anita, but just give me a few years more of life experience.
  • Benny: Ensemble
  • Reagan: Anita
  • Jessie Jo: This one's easy: Maria. This is my favorite role I've ever had the honor to play. I would do it over and over again!
  • Audrey: Anita if I weren't white
  • Mackenna: Anita or Anybody's


Thanks for reading and tune in next Sunday for the boys' turn!


No comments:

Post a Comment