Saturday, November 12, 2016

AYAA Election Special

Hey everyone! So I sent out a form for this post a while ago and had intended on posting it the day after the election. But considering how upset so many of our readers were/still are, it felt inappropriate to post a silly article about politics. So I held off for a few days. However, people put good work into this form so I didn't want to just disregard it.

In addition to this post, the day after the election, I made a playlist called "Remembering to Love." My friends and I at Kenyon have been listening to it a ton these past few days and I wanted to share it with some AYAA readers. It's not all musical theatre songs, but it includes a few so I still felt it appropriate to share it on the site.

https://open.spotify.com/user/1233252679/playlist/75z1ApBEMIhrfsghODohGA

Also, I am excited to announce there will be an AYAA Christmas cabaret when I am home in AZ for Christmas Vacation! All the details are not worked out yet, but I wanted to plant the nugget in your brains. :) It will include actors and actresses from the Phoenix Metro area like Bailey Gorman, Bryce Dilullo, Sarah Davidson, Vincent Pugliese, Julian Mendoza, and many many more!

In any case, without further chit chat, I asked a few people to answer some questions about their "musical theatre" government. Some of them chose to use Broadway actors, some chose actors from our area, and some chose a mix. Read on!

(WARNING: this article contains the swears! Oh boy!)

Bryce Dilullo
President: Ben Guffey
Vice President: Joey J the Rapper
Secretary of State: the dog from Legally Blonde
Secretary of Defense: Carter Palumbo
National Anthem: "Dead Girl Walking"
New motto: I have maggots in my scrotum

"Anonymous"
President: Lin-Manuel Miranda
Vice President: Christian Borle
Secretary of State: Rory O'Malley
Secretary of Defense: Lauren Benanti. She'd get shit done.
National Anthem: McDonald's theme song (I know it's not theatre, but it's SO right)
New motto: I am not throwing away my shot!

Sarah Pansing
President: Barbra Streisand
Vice President: Neil Patrick Harris
Secretary of State: Ramin Karimloo
Secretary of Defense: Patti LuPone
National Anthem: "Seasons of Love"
New motto: I am not throwing away my shot!

Jessica Sinodis
President: Patti LuPone
Vice President: Jonathan Groff
Secretary of State: Sutton Foster
Secretary of Defense: Lin-Manuel Miranda
National Anthem: "Alexander Hamilton"
New motto: Gay or European?

INDIA
President: ew I know everyone is going to say Hamilton please stop...  I'm voting Julie Andrews
Vice President: Angela Lansbury
Secretary of State: Carmen Cusack
Secretary of Defense: Andy Bernard as Antony
(A/N: I laughed out loud in the middle of the bookstore when I read that. If you haven't seen the episode of The Office, "Andy's Play," I highly recommend it.)
National Anthem: "Motherhood" from Hello Dolly!
New motto: Climb every mountain

Sam Primack
President: Sarah Pansing
Vice President: Kelli James
Secretary of State: Addison Bowman
Secretary of Defense: Not Devon Policci
National Anthem: Adam Sandler's "Hanukkah Song"

Nick Hambruch
President: Jean Valjean
Vice President: Detective Carl Hanratty
Secretary of State: Esmeralda
Secretary of Defense: ENJOLRAS
National Anthem: "Do You Hear the People Sing?"
New motto: God help the outcasts, or nobody will.

and then there was this... Ya Boi
President: Kanye West
Vice President: Jay-Z
Secretary of State: Beyonce
Secretary of Defense: DMX
National Anthem: "Ultralight Beam"
New motto: I met Kanye West, I'm never going to fail.


No comments:

Post a Comment