Sunday, July 10, 2016

AYAA Awards!

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to do a quick update from my hotel room in Great Falls, MT. This week has been a bit slow on AYAA as I have been hiking, visiting family and attending a wedding in Montana! But now that I finally have access to a laptop, I wanted to make sure the website readers were in the know about AYAA Awards!

As some of you know, when I started the website, I had two pipe dream-y goals: to have a cabaret with actors and actresses from a bunch of different theatres and to do a "youth rewarding youth" awards night. I am so excited to announce both of these goals will be accomplished before I head off to college.

On July 6th, we started accepting nominations for the 1st AYAA Awards. Nominations will be accepted in all categories until July 20th at noon. That evening, I will release the list of final nominees to be voted on. Winners will be announced on August 4th.

There are all the classic categories found in the other awards programs around the Phoenix Metropolitan area. In addition, there are a few silly awards, like "Most Likely to Be Immortal" and "Most Likely to Be the Reincarnation of a Founding Father." I encourage everyone to make nominations over the next 10 days.

To make your nominations, you can click here to be taken to the Google Form.

While I have you, the AYAA Cabaret at the Tuscany Theatre has been moved to July 31st at 6:30 PM. You can still purchase your tickets online at ayt.ticketleap.com. The cabaret will feature many talented young actors and actresses singing songs like "Simple Joys" from Pippin, "I Turned the Corner" from Thoroughly Modern Millie, "Children of Rock" from School of Rock and many, many more! Tickets are $8 online and $12 at the door. Proceeds will be donated to AYT and to AZ Magic, which provides musical theatre experiences for young people with physical and cognitive disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment