Sunday, January 24, 2016

AYAA Dream Casting: Chicago

Hello there!

Today's AYAA Dream Casting is of Chicago! For those of you who do not know the story of Chicago, the musical follows the trial of Roxie Hart after she murders her lover, Fred. Set in the Windy City in 1920s, Roxie Hart and her fellow inmate Velma Kelly use their murder trials to becomes Vaudeville stars!

On AYAA, how I am running this is two ways:

Self-submitted: If you have a dream cast for a show, send it to me at mackenna.azyoungactors@gmail.com or via Facebook. MUST BE WITH VALLEY ACTORS, NOT BROADWAY HUMANS.
Facilitated by me: I will be reaching out to 4-5 actors/actresses periodically. (I will also be participating from time to time) I will give each of them the same show and see the diverse ways they cast the show. I will only be able to ask you if you are friends with me on my personal Facebook. Same thing, it will be with Valley actors, not people on Broadway.

Today, I present to you one of the "Facilitated by me" types of dream casting. I reached out to five different young actors in the Valley -- Bronson Todd, Becca Webb, Nate Dutson Gabi Giusti  -- and asked them to dream cast Chicago. Their responses and mine are below.

Nate Dutson
Adult Cast:
Roxie Hart: Kate E Cook
Velma Kelly: Emily Evans 
Billy Flynn: Stephen Serna
Amos Hart: Jonathan Holdsworth
Matron "Mama" Morton: Kinsey Peotter
Mary Sunshine: Aaron Ford
Youth Cast:
Roxie Hart: Jacqueline Brecker
Velma Kelly: Zoe Zamora
Billy Flynn: James Gish
Amos Hart: Alan Dewitt
Matron "Mama" Morton: Jessica Sinodis
Mary Sunshine: Nathan Taylor

Becca Webb
Roxie- Caroline Jackson
Velma- Jacqueline Brecker
Billy Flynn- Reed Daniels
Mama Morton- Phoebe Koyabe
Mary Sunshine- Sam Ellefson
Amos- Marty Loehr
Kitty- Megan Longton
June- Sidne Phillips
Hunyak- Gabriel Martinez
Mona- Mackenna Goodrich
Liz- Victoria Vredevoogd 
Annie- Becca Webb

Bronson Todd
Roxie - Brittney Peters
Velma - Jacqueline Brecker
Amos - Danny Blankemeier
Mary Sunshine - Sarah Davidson (I know it's usually played by a guy, but I can't think of anyone better) 
Mama Morton - Sabrina Molinar
Billy Flynn - Sam Loose

Gabi Giusti
Roxie - Jacqueline Brecker
Velma - Jessie Jo Pauley
Billy - Kevin Kennedy
Amos - Grey Smith
Mama Morton - Christina Vail

Mackenna Goodrich
Roxie: Sidne Phillips
Velma: Emily Woodward-Shaw
Billy Flynn: Mike Sprenger
Mama Morton: Jessica Sinodis
Mary Sunshine: Adam Hays (It would have to be Matthew Ryan Harris if I were choosing adults!)
Amos: Dale Mortensen
Kitty: Caroline Jackson
June (Squish): Gabi Giusti
Hunyak (Uh-uh): Nicole Boucher
Mona (Lipschitz): Mackenna Goodrich (Mona's my favorite)
Liz (Pop): Jacqueline Brecker
Annie (Six): Jessie Jo Pauley

There will be another dream casting next week! In the mean time, please check out our latest interview with Lydia McCloskey and answer the next Talkback question!

No comments:

Post a Comment