Sunday, January 31, 2016

AYAA Dream Casting: next to normal

I am way excited about this week's AYAA Dream Cast! I love next to normal and am so glad so many other teenagers around the Valley are as excited about it as I am. As perhaps it is a bit of a more under-the-radar musical than the others one we have done on the site so far, a quick summary: next to normal gives the audience a peek into the life of the Goodman family. Diana Goodman, mother a wife, struggles with bipolar disorder and her inability to let go of the past. Her illness affects her husband, Dan, and on-the-precipice-of-adulthood daughter, Natalie, in life-changing ways.

On AYAA, I am running dreamcasting two ways:

Self-submitted: If you have a dream cast for a show, send it to me at mackenna.azyoungactors@gmail.com or via Facebook. MUST BE WITH VALLEY ACTORS, NOT BROADWAY HUMANS.
Facilitated by me: I will be reaching out to 4-5 actors/actresses periodically. (I will also be participating from time to time) I will give each of them the same show and see the diverse ways they cast the show. I will only be able to ask you if you are friends with me on my personal Facebook. Same thing, it will be with Valley actors, not people on Broadway.

Today, I present to you one of the "Facilitated by me" types of dream casting. I reached out to five different young actors in the Valley -- Sam Primack, Vincent Pugliese, Kale Burr, Lina Cappellano   -- and asked them to dream cast Next to Normal. Their responses and mine are below.

Vincent Pugliese
Gabe: Sam Primack
Natalie: Johnna Watson
Dan: Jacob Browning
Diana: Jessica Sinodis
Dr Fine/Madden: Michael Schulz
Henry: Jeremy Yampolsky or Julian Mendoza

Sam Primack
Diana: Ali Whitwell
Dan: Julian Mendoza
Dr. Fine/Madden: Michael Schulz
Gabe: Vincent Pugliese
Natalie: Sarah Pansing
Henry: Jacob Herrera

Lina Cappellano
Diana: Jessica Sinodis
Dr. Fine/Madden: Jonah Carlson
Gabe: Kale Burr
Henry: Anson Romney
Natalie: Jackie Brecker
Dan: Steven Enriquez

Kale Burr
Diana: Jessie Jo Pauley
Dan: Mason Reeves
Natalie: Payton Bioletto
Gabe: Vincent Pugliese
Henry: Sam Primack
Mr. Fine/Madden: Isaac Dowdle

Mackenna Goodrich
Diana: Heidi Liz Johnson
Dan: Ben Mason
Natalie: Olivia Niendstedt
Gabe: Nathan Sheppard
Henry: Jonah Carlson
Dr. Fine/Dr. Madden: Jesse Thomas Foster


No comments:

Post a Comment