Friday, February 12, 2016

AYAA Dreamcasting: Rent

Welcome back! After about a week long break from this series, I present to you an AYAA Dreamcasting of the cult classic, RENT! Rent tells the story of a group of impoverished artists and their mates struggling in NYC's Alphabet City during the age of Bohemia and AIDS. The show is based on La Boheme by Puccini and includes famous songs like "Seasons of Love" "La Vie Boheme" and "Take Me or Leave Me."

On AYAA, I am running dreamcasting two ways:

Self-submitted: If you have a dream cast for a show, send it to me at mackenna.azyoungactors@gmail.com or via Facebook. MUST BE WITH VALLEY ACTORS, NOT BROADWAY HUMANS.
Facilitated by me: I will be reaching out to 4-5 actors/actresses periodically. (I will also be participating from time to time) I will give each of them the same show and see the diverse ways they cast the show. I will only be able to ask you if you are friends with me on my personal Facebook. Same thing, it will be with Valley actors, not people on Broadway.

Today, I present to you one of the "Facilitated by me" types of dream casting. I reached out to five different young actors in the Valley --  Julian Mendoza, Alexia Filler, Bailey Gorman, Konnor Smith, Jake Bonar  -- and asked them to dream cast Rent. Their responses and mine are below.

Julian Mendoza
Mark: Sam Primack
Rodger: Vincent Pugliese
Mimi: Payton Bioletto
Tom: Sague Molina
Angel: Brandon Reyes
Maureen: Sarah Pansing
Joanne: Sophia Drapeau
Benny: Jacob Browning

Alexia Filler:
Mark: Kale Burr
Roger: Ian Winters
Mimi: Payton Bioletto
Tom: Jared Kitch
Angel: Sam Ellefson
Benny: Donovan Fiore
Maureen: Jessie Jo Pauley

Bailey Gorman
Mark- Kale Burr
Roger- Tim Eversole
Mimi- Michelle Correa
Tom- Danny Blankemeir
Angel- Bailey Gorman
Maureen- Brittany Howk
Joanne- Jessie Jo Pauley
Benny- Noah Delgado

Jake Bonar
Mark: Alex Tuchi
Roger: Vincent Pugliese
Mimi: Tiana Marks
Tom: Joey Grado
Angel: Spencer Claus
Maureen: Maddie Alfano
Joanne: Sarah Pansing
Benny: Ethan Shanker

Konnor Smith
Mark- Kale Burr
Roger- Joey Grado
Mimi- Jackie Brecker
Tom- Ian Winters
Angel- Spencer Claus
Maureen- Kenna Goodrich
Joanne- Tatum Weight
Benny- Joey Sortino

Mackenna Goodrich
So, my big thing with RENT is I have always wanted to see the genderbent version of this show. (It's my biggest directing dream after The Drowsy Chaperone.) And since this is my website and I can do whatever I want ;) my dream cast reverses the genders of all the characters in the show. :)

Mark: Mackenna Goodrich
Roger: Jackie Brecker
Mimi: Sam Ellefson
Tom: Gabi Giusti
Angel: Jessica Sinodis
Maureen: Vincent Pugliese
Joanne: Michael Schulz
Benny: Rebecca Galcik

No comments:

Post a Comment