Wednesday, March 30, 2016

AYAA BONUS Dreamcasting: The Last 5 Years

Hi, everyone! This is an AYAA Bonus Dream Casting. Vincent Pugliese proposed this idea to me and due to the limited cast in The Last 5 Years, I didn't want to make it a normal dream casting. I reached out to a number of people who said they would be interested in the project; the responses of the people who met the deadline and mine are below.

The Last 5 Years is a musical by Jason Robert Brown which tells the story of Jamie and Cathy's relationship on reverse time lines -- Jamie's is in chronological order and Cathy's in reverse chronological order, meeting in the middle for their wedding.

Thank you to Nicholas Hambruch, Bailey Gorman, Sam Primack, Konnor Smith, Lina Cappellano, Carter Palumbo, Mark Munoz, Hank Woods, Alyssa Granger, Vincent Pugliese and Summer Farnsworth for their responses! They gave me their pick for Jamie and Cathy and the songs they would be most excited to hear each actors sing.

Nicholas Hambruch:
Jamie: Nathan Sheppard singing "Moving Too Fast"
Cathy: Brittany Howk singing "Still Hurting"

Sam Primack:
Jamie: Vincent Pugliese singing "Moving Too Fast"
Cathy: Payton Bioletto singing "Summer In Ohio"

Konnor Smith: 
Jamie: Kale Burr singing "Nobody Needs to Know"
Cathy: Jackie Brecker singing "Climbing Uphill"

Lina Cappellano:
Jamie: Kale Burr
Cathy: Jackie Brecker
Both singing "The Next Ten Minutes"

Carter Palumbo:
Jamie: Kale Burr singing "Shiksa Goddess"
Cathy: Jessica Sinodis singing "See I'm Smiling" or "A Summer in Ohio"

Mark Munoz: 
Jamie: Dale Mortensen singing "Shiksa Goddess"
Cathy: Nicole Knox singing "Still Hurting"

Hank Woods:
Jamie: Nathan Sheppard singing "Moving Too Fast"
Cathy: Jessie Jo Pauley singing "Still Hurting"

Alyssa Granger:
Jamie: Kale Burr
Cathy: Grace Napoletano
Both singing "I Could Never Rescue You/Goodbye Until Tomorrow"

Vincent Pugliese:
Jamie: Sam Primack singing "Moving Too Fast"
Cathy: Jessie Jo Pauley singing "A Summer in Ohio"

Summer Farnsworth:
Jamie: Adam Bei singing "Shiksa Goddess" or "Moving Too Fast"
Cathy: Heidi-Liz Johnson singing "Still Hurting" or "I Can Do Better Than That"

Mackenna Goodrich:
Jamie: James D. Gish singing "If I Didn't Believe in You"
Cathy: Heidi-Liz Johnson singing "I Can Do Better Than That" or "A Summer in Ohio"

Okay and I saved Bailey Gorman's for last because he wrote an essay:

"So for Jamie and Cathy, I would love to see Tim Eversole and Adyson Nichols play this. They both have such outstanding voices for the roles. I've heard Tim sing these songs before and he rocks them! I think he could put so much passion and emotion and depth into this character. As for Adyson, she knows how to play different characters so I think she could easily play this character who is in love but is hurting at the same time. She would definitely have the voice for it as well. I've heard Tim sing these but I'd love to see him sing "If I Didn't Believe In You" on stage with costumes, makeup, lighting, and a set. For Adyson, I would LOVE to see her either sing "Still Hurting" or "I Can Do Better Than That." Those songs are beasts in the show and I know they could sing them to their full extent!!"

Thank you to everyone who helped out with this bonus dream casting! We will have a regularly scheduled dream casting on Saturday and it's a WONDERFUL one.


No comments:

Post a Comment