Friday, March 4, 2016

AYAA Dream Casting: Hairspray

It's Hairspray week! I love Hairspray and I am delighted Actor's Youth Theatre is doing it this summer.

Hairspray takes place during the 1960s civil rights era. It commons on the injustices against people in the American society, especially African-Americans. In Baltimore, curvy teenager Tracy Turnblad wins a role on The Corny Collins Show, a local dance show, and she becomes a celebrity overnight. A forward-thinking girl, Tracie launches a campaign to integrate the show.

On AYAA, I am running dreamcasting two ways:

Self-submitted: If you have a dream cast for a show, send it to me at mackenna.azyoungactors@gmail.com or via Facebook. MUST BE WITH VALLEY ACTORS, NOT BROADWAY HUMANS.
Facilitated by me: I will be reaching out to 4-5 actors/actresses periodically. (I will also be participating from time to time) I will give each of them the same show and see the diverse ways they cast the show. I will only be able to ask you if you are friends with me on my personal Facebook. Same thing, it will be with Valley actors, not people on Broadway.

Today, I present to you one of the "Facilitated by me" types of dream casting. I reached out to five different young actors in the Valley --  Jessica Sinodis, Kale Burr, Miranda Smith  -- and asked them to dream cast Hairspray. Their responses and mine are below.

Jessica Sinodis
Tracy- Jes Sinodis (I'm sorry I'm so so sorry but #treatyoself)
Link- Kale Burr
Amber- Grace lisicki
Penny- Jessie Jo Pauley
Seaweed- Anson Romney
Velma- Addison Bowman
Edna- Bailey Gorman
Wilbur- Joey J Grado
Corny Collins- Vincent Pugliese
Little lnez - Benny Cowans
Motermouth Maybelle- Rhetta Mykeal (because she slayed @ VYT)

Miranda Smith
Tracy: Kaleigh Feuerstein
Edna: Bryce Dilullo
Wilbur: Noah Delgado
Penny: Rachel Spencer
Seaweed: Anson Romney
Little Inez: Maria Boas
Motormouth Maybelle: Rhetta Mykeal
Amber: Emma Welch
Velma: Jacqueline Brecker
Link: Adam Lundgreen

Corny Collins: Dale Mortensen

Kale Burr
Tracy: Jessica Sinodis
Edna: Zack Diepstraten
Velma: Heidi Johnson
Penny: Jessie Jo Pauley
Motormouth Maybelle: Rhetta Mykeal
Amber: Adyson Nichols
Link: Vincent Pugliese
Seaweed: Anson Romney
Wilbur: Jared Kitch
Corny Collins: Danny Karapetian
Little Inez: Alex Kirby

Mackenna Goodrich (Not including myself in this one, but I would love to be ANYONE in this show!)
Tracy: Chloe Alexander
Edna: Bryce DiLullo
Velma: Jessica Sinodis or Becca Galcik...I couldn't choose!
Penny: Tatum Weight
Motormouth Maybelle: Lindsay Mayberry
Amber: Jessie Jo Pauley
Link: Kale Burr
Seaweed: Mason Reeves
Wilbur: Noah Delgado
Corny Collins: Joey Grado
Little Inez: Phoebe Koyabe

Thank you everyone for reading! Sorry for the delay on getting this dream casting out. There should be one next weekend!

And while you're here, why not check out some of our other awesome articles from last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment