Thursday, July 6, 2017

AYAA Talback: Dancing Through Life

Hey, everyone! Today, as a sort of Part 2 to our Talback series out using BroadwayBox videos as inspiration, we did a riff on the Dancing Through My Resume videos. I asked a bunch of dancers to talk about which shows they would love to DANCE.

BUT BEFORE WE GET TO THAT:

#1. PLEASE consider coming to see AYAA's first full-length production at the end of this month. A ton of us have been working on a production of She Kills Monsters. Fountain Hills Theater is being kind enough to let us use their space and their box office for this performance. If you're interested in checking out the show, tickets are available here as of today. Tickets are $15 for all three performances: July 28th at 7, July 29th at 7 and July 30th at 3.

#2. Just like last year, we will be doing The AYAA Awards. Nominations will open tomorrow sometime around noon! Please nominate your favorite actors and actresses :)

And now onto the dance!!

Audrey Coleman: "Cats, A Chorus Line, Bring It On!"

Caroline Jackson: "Well I've already been in Joseph, but that was an amazing show to be ensemble in. Wicked definitely. Oklahoma."

Calvin Witmer Jr.: "Bring It On: the Musical because of the crazy dance/cheer routines. I know it's cliche, but I've always wanted to be in Footloose. Also, A Chorus Line was one of my dream dance shows, so thankfully, I got to be in it once, but I would 100% do that show again. Also Newsies cuz I'm ASMing it right now and the dancing we have in our show is INSANE it's amazing."

Emily Woodward-Shaw: "Something Rotten, Big Fish, Matilda, Joseph!"

Emma England: "NEWSIES would be the ultimate show I would want to dance in. And Cats. I actually really like dancing Joseph because of all the different types of songs throughout. I would also love to be a part of Movin' Out."

Falin Ossipinsky: "A Chorus Line and Newsies if I were a guy hah!"

Gracie Gentile: "Millie (again!!), Hairspray, Footloose, Newsies, Cats, Anything Goes, Catch Me If You Can, Mary Poppins, Music Man"

Haylee Klein: "Hamilton, Chicago (I am right now at FHT!! One of my dream shows), Cabaret, Xanadu, Thoroughly Modern Millie."

Isabella Harvey: "Addams Family, Bandstand, Anastasia, A Chorus Line"

Jessica Sinodis: "CATS. Playing Grizabella was a dream, but seeing my cast mates perform those numbers was breathtaking. I would love one day to be a part of the Jellicle ball. OK AND CHICAGO. The dancing in that show ugh it's so jazzy and technical but also so stylized I love it! One day I hope to be able to perform in that show!"

Kaleigh Feuerstein: "Cats- Obviously this show is known for being one to dance in and I love the flexibility and high energy required to pull it off.
A Chorus Line- I love big showy pieces that envelope the concept of musicals and I think that this show really encompasses it.
42nd Street- the only show I know that is so focused heavily on tap which is my favorite style of dance"

Kate Nienstedt: "CHORUS LINE, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Pippin, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Cats, and Newsies"

Mackenna Goodrich: "To start with a real weird one: Contact. Movin' Out. Pippin. Spring Awakening. Finding Neverland. Hamilton. 

And I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want to be the first female Rum Tum Tugger in Cats." 

Miranda Smith: "Hairspray, Grease, Newsies, Footloose, Catch Me if You Can, Anything Goes, Joseph, Bandstand, Thoroughly Modern Mille, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Mamma Mia. OH AND CATS"

Olivia Nienstedt: "A Chorus Line, Cats, West Side Story"

Paige Gagliardi: "CABARET!!!! Hamilton, Thoroughly Modern Millie, CHICAGO, 42nd Street, BRING IT ON, American Idiot, West Side Story, CATS!!!! Sweet Charity, Great Comet. Bandstand seems like a lot of fun! Oh, if i had the talent, An American in Paris."

Rebecca Simantov (a friend from Kenyon): "Well, I just saw Great Comet and I would LOVE to dance that. Also Anything Goes. Also Chicago. Also Fiddler (I already know all those dances). Cabaret. Anything with burlesque or swing."

Sarah Davidson: "I would love to dance in 42nd Street or Anything Goes because I LIVE for tap and it's my favorite style of dance. I also would love to be in the ensemble of Big Fish because the ensemble is on and dancing in just about every number.

Also, Cats."

Sarah Pansing: "I would love to be in Hairspray, West Side Story, or Chorus Line!"

Thea Eigo: "Catch Me if You Can, The Producers, Great Comet, Bandstand, and A Chorus Line"

Tiana Marks: "I would love to dance in Rent, 42nd Street, Joseph (even though I have before), ooh and Cats."


No comments:

Post a Comment