Monday, May 2, 2016

AYAA's May MUSICAL Madness: Round 1, Part 1

Hey, everyone! So I am from a big sports family, so March Madness is a big deal in my house. I thought "hey, I feel like AYAA should do a theatre version of March Madness, but in May!" So, over the next few weeks, we will be pitting musicals head to head and finding out which so reigns supreme.

Today, I present to you part 1 of Round 1. There are 64 shows total, but I thought voting on 32 pairs was a lot to do in one sitting, so here are 32 musical pairings. All you have to do is pick your preferred musical out of the pair. 

Here is the schedule of May MUSICAL Madness:
Round 1 Part 1 - May 2nd
Round 1 Part 2 - May 8th
Round 2 - May 14th
Sweet Sixteen - May 20th
Elite Eight - May 23rd
Final Four - May 26th
Championship Round - May 29th
Winner announced - May 31st

So please follow the link below to vote on part one of May MUSICAL Madness!:


Also, if you are interested, here is the full list of shows in contention:
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
42nd Street
Aida
Annie
Annie Get Your Gun
Avenue Q
Beauty and the Beast
Billy Elliot
The Book of Mormon
Cabaret
Carousel
Cats
Chicago
A Chorus Line
Company
Dreamgirls
Evita
Fiddler on the Roof
Follies
Grease
Guys and Dolls
Gypsy
Hair
Hairspray
Hello Dolly!
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
In the Heights
Into the Woods
Jekyll and Hyde
Jersey Boys
The King and I
Kinky Boots
Kiss Me Kate
La Cage aux Folles
Les Miserables
The Lion King
Little Shop of Horrors
Mamma Mia!
Man of La Mancha
Mary Poppins
Matilda
Me and My Girl
Memphis
Miss Saigon
The Music Man
My Fair Lady
Newsies
next to normal
Oklahoma!
Once
The Phantom of the Opera
Pippin
The Producers
Ragtime
Rent
Rock of Ages
Smokey Joe's Cafe
The Sound of Music
South Pacific
Spamalot
Spring Awakening
Sweeney Todd
The Wiz
The Wizard of Oz

**Note: I didn't include anything that opened in the past couple of years because there is no way to know if it will be an enduring show or a passing fad. And I couldn't include all shows. I had a list of criteria that helped me pick shows, but obviously there are shows that I really like that I couldn't include because of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment