Thursday, April 14, 2016

AYAA Dream Casting: Big Fish

Hey, everyone! It's a random Thursday dream casting! I have a hectic weekend coming up, so I am posting this today instead of on Saturday. I love Big Fish and I am super excited to present it on AYAA. Based on Daniel Wallace’s 1998 novel of the same name and the 2003 Tim Burton film film of the same name, Big Fish examines the relationship between Edward Bloom, a tall tale-spinnin', travelling salesman and his skeptical son Will, who searches for the truth in his father's stories.

On AYAA, I am running dreamcasting two ways:

Self-submitted: If you have a dream cast for a show, send it to me at mackenna.azyoungactors@gmail.com or via Facebook. MUST BE WITH VALLEY ACTORS, NOT BROADWAY HUMANS.
Facilitated by me: I will be reaching out to 4-5 actors/actresses periodically. (I will also be participating from time to time) I will give each of them the same show and see the diverse ways they cast the show. I will only be able to ask you if you are friends with me on my personal Facebook. Same thing, it will be with Valley actors, not people on Broadway.

Today, I present to you one of the "Facilitated by me" types of dream casting. I reached out to a bunch different young actors in the Valley ) --  Nicholas Hambruch, Bailey Gorman, Maria Boas, Summer Farnsworth, Emily Spets, and Grace Napoletano -- and asked them to dream cast Big Fish. Their responses and mine are below.

Nicholas Hambruch
Edward Bloom: Me! (Because dream role)
Will Bloom: Nathan Sheppard
Sandra Bloom: Brielle Mae
Josephine Bloom: Sarah Davidson
Karl: Griffin Fletcher
Amos Calloway: Tony Julian
Don Price: Kale Burr
The Witch: Brittany Howk
Jenny Hill: Jessie Jo Pauley
Zacky Price: Liam Thibeault

Bailey Gorman
Edward Bloom: Me because it's my dream role, auditioning next month!
Will Bloom: Tim Eversole
Sandra Bloom: Michelle Correa
Josephine Bloom: Rachel Lundgreen
Karl: Danny Blankemeier again because he was amazing
Amos Callaway: Noah Delgado again too bc wow
Don Price: Kale Burr
The Witch: Adyson Nichols
Jenny Hill: Hannah Kredit
Zacky Price: Joey J Grado

Maria Boas
Edward Bloom: Joseph Daly
Will Bloom: Dale Mortensen
Sandra Bloom: Callie Yeager
Josephine Bloom: Rachel Lundgreen
Karl: Danny Blankemeier
Amos Callaway: Noah Delgado
Don Price: Kale Burr
The Witch: Sarah Antell
Jenny Hill: Benny Cowens
Zacky Price: Devon Policci

Summer Farnsworth
Edward Bloom: Adam Bei
Will Bloom: Kale Burr
Sandra Bloom: Brie Wadsworth
Josephine Bloom: Jackie Brecker
Karl: Josh Lindblom
Amos Calloway: Brent Graham
Don Price: Danny Karapetian
The Witch: Kinsey Peotter
Jenny Hill: Zoe Zamora
Zacky Price: Allan DeWitt

Emily Spets
Edward Bloom: Alex Martinez
Will Bloom: Nathan Sheppard
Sandra Bloom: Carly Grossman
Josephine Bloom: Lily Castle
Karl: Jack Rose
Amos Calloway: Nick Gearing
Don Price: Skyler Washburn
The Witch: Carly Copp
Jenny Hill: Julia Davis
Zacky Price: Andrey Lull

Grace Napoletano
Edward Bloom- the only person I can ever picture in this role, Jonah Carlson
Will Bloom- Vinney Pugliese
Sandra Bloom- Maddie Doly
Josephine Bloom- India Chudnow  (again I couldn't picture anyone else)
Karl - Tim Pung
Amos Calloway- Bryce Dilullo
Don Price- Joseph Daily
The Witch- Jessica Sinodis (she would dominate the stage as the role, woah)
Jenny Hill- Molly Joseph
Zacky Price- Jake Bonar

Mermaid- Julian Mendoza

Mackenna Goodrich
Edward Bloom: Tedd Glazebrook
Will Bloom: James Gish
Sandra Bloom: Brandi Bigley
Josephine Bloom: Alli Halliday
Karl: Reed Daniel
Amos Calloway: Stephen Serna
Don Price: Kale Burr
The Witch: Jessica Sinodis
Jenny Hill: Jackie Brecker
Zacky Price: Carter Palumbo


Thank you to everyone who helped with dream casting this week! I'm in love with this show. Stay tuned for next week where there will be lots of magic to do on AYAA!


No comments:

Post a Comment