Saturday, April 9, 2016

AYAA Dreamcasting: Shrek


It's a big, bright beautiful dream casting! Welcome to this week's dreamcasting! Shrek is like this crazy favorite musical among all the band kids at my high school and is definitely one of the most popular musicals of the moment. Based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film, Shrek tells the story of a grumpy old ogre who finds himself on a journey with a loud-mouth donkey to save a princess from a fire-breathing dragon.


On AYAA, I am running dreamcasting two ways:

Self-submitted: If you have a dream cast for a show, send it to me at mackenna.azyoungactors@gmail.com or via Facebook. MUST BE WITH VALLEY ACTORS, NOT BROADWAY HUMANS.
Facilitated by me: I will be reaching out to 4-5 actors/actresses periodically. (I will also be participating from time to time) I will give each of them the same show and see the diverse ways they cast the show. I will only be able to ask you if you are friends with me on my personal Facebook. Same thing, it will be with Valley actors, not people on Broadway.

Today, I present to you one of the "Facilitated by me" types of dream casting. I reached out to a bunch different young actors in the Valley ) --  Bryce DiLullo, Tiana Marks, Audrey Coleman, Victoria Vredevoogd -- and asked them to dream cast Wicked. Their responses and mine are below.

Victoria Vredevoogd
Shrek- Devon Policci
Fiona- Grace Napoletano
Donkey- Jordan Sagy
Lord Farquaad- Casey Likes
Pinocchio- Macy LeCheminant
Dragon- Grace Lisiki
Gingy- Lina Cappellano

Audrey Coleman
Shrek- Casey Likes
Princess Fiona- Audrey Coleman (yes I'm aware I'm 13 but #treatyoself)
Donkey- Anson Romney
Lord Farquaad- Joey Grado
Pinocchio- Kale Burr
Dragon- Lina Cappellano
Gingy- Jessie Jo Pauley
Teen Fiona- Benny Cowans
Young Fiona- Sydney Del Fosse

Tiana Marks
Shrek: Connor Brigola
Fiona: Jessica Wastchak
Donkey: Aaron Ford
Lord Farquaad: Steven Ricks
Pinocchio: Nick Gunnell
Dragon: Addison Bowman
Gingy: Sedona Ramonett

Bryce DiLullo
Shrek-Myself (kind of a dream role; let me dream) or Noah Delgado
Donkey-Carter Palumbo
Fiona-Adyson Nichols
Lord Farquaad-Jonah Carlson
Dragon-Jessica Sinodis
Pinocchio-Danny Blankemeier
Big Bad Wolf-Also me I love the lines and the sparkling red dress omf
Gingy-Lina Cappellano (she killed it in Shrek at ayt she can kill it again)

Mackenna Goodrich
Shrek - Michael Schulz
Fiona - Jackie Brecker
Donkey - Joey J Grado or Mason Reeves
Lord Farquaad - Kevin Kennedy
Dragon - Gabi Giusti
Gingy - Harley Barton
Pinocchio - Meeeeee! I want to be Pinocchio too badly. But if not me, Vincent Pugliese
Big Bad Wolf - Bryce DiLullo
Wicked Witch - Jessica Sinodis
Humpty Dumpty - Sarah Pansing
Mama Bear - Sarah Davidson

Thank you to everyone who helped out with Shrek this week! Stay tuned for what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment