Saturday, April 23, 2016

AYAA Dream Casting: Pippin

Hello, everyone! Well, we have magic to do on this week's dream casting: it's time for Pippin! This is actually a show I don't know a lot about, so it is awesome that I was able to find enough kids enthused about it to expose me to a new show. Pippin follows the story of Pippin, a young prince on his search for meaning and significance. Based on the real-life prince Pippin -- son of Charlemagne -- Pippin utilizes a performance troupe and Brechtian style to tell the tale.

On AYAA, I am running dreamcasting two ways:

Self-submitted: If you have a dream cast for a show, send it to me at mackenna.azyoungactors@gmail.com or via Facebook. MUST BE WITH VALLEY ACTORS, NOT BROADWAY HUMANS.
Facilitated by me: I will be reaching out to 4-5 actors/actresses periodically. (I will also be participating from time to time) I will give each of them the same show and see the diverse ways they cast the show. I will only be able to ask you if you are friends with me on my personal Facebook. Same thing, it will be with Valley actors, not people on Broadway.

Today, I present to you one of the "Facilitated by me" types of dream casting. I reached out to a bunch different young actors in the Valley ) --  Mark Munoz, Hank Woods, Spencer Claus Nathan Sheppard, Connor Baker -- and asked them to dream cast Pippin. Their responses are below.

Mark Munoz
Leading Player: Julian Mendoza or Jessie Jo Pauley. Possibly me to because this is such a great role #treatyourself
Pippin: Nathan Sheppard
Charlemagne: ME (one of my dream roles) or Griffin Fletcher
Fastrada: Emily McAtee
Berthe: Macy Wood
Catherine: Darian Lorain
Lewis: Devon Policci
Theo: Eric Lundgreen

Nathan Sheppard
Leading Player: Payton Bioletto
Pippin: myself (please)
Charlemagne: Griffin Fletcher
Farstrada: Tatumn Zale
Berthe: Andrey Lull ( I know he's not an old grandma but he would SLAY)
Catherine: Hahnna Christianson
Lewis: Clay Rollon
Theo: Noah McNeil

Connor Baker
Pippin: Sam Primack
Leading Player: (I'm so for strong female leads) Payton Bioletto
Catherine: Addison Bowman
Charlemagne: Me (please dream role)
Lewis: Vincent Pugliese
Fastrada: Cameron Benton
Theo: Jack Yampolsky
Berthe: Kelli James

Hank Woods
Leading Player - Jessie Jo Pauley/Liam Thibeault
Pippin - Nathan Sheppard
Charlemagne - Connor Baker
Fastrada - Payton Bioletto
Berthe - Abby Braccia
Catherine - Johnna Watson
Lewis - Jack Rose
Theo - Matthew Steward

Spencer Claus
Pippin: Mason Reeves
Leading Player: Spencer Claus (#1 dream role of all time)
Catherine: Hahnna Christianson
Charlemagne: David Samson
Fastrada: Jasmine Bassham
Lewis: Clay Rollon
Theo: Sam Primack
Berthe: Camden Warro

Thank you to all the boys who helped me dream cast Pippin this week! It means a lot to me. Next week, I am leaving for NY so dream casting will be posted on Wednesday afternoon! It's going to be a revolutionary one.

No comments:

Post a Comment